Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Mother's Day!

A month late, but it was on my to-do-list for future posts, so I couldn't just skip it :) 
Enjoy!


No I will not be a Mom within the next 9 months! But I was able to plant the idea in Michael's head to get me a "Future Mother" Mothers Day gift, since I will be a mom, someday :) While on our trip to Yosemite Michael started reading the 1st Hunger Games book that someone had brought with them. The books were the topic of some of the conversations while driving so I causally added that, although I had already read the 1st one, I would love to read the other 2 in the series.

I really didnt think that I would get any sort of gift, nor did I really need one, a simple mother's day wish would suffice (Which Michael did do). But Monday after work, Michael asked if I could take the bus home because he needed to help his boss move something, then he would just go to Costco (we were going to do that together that night) before coming home. After being home for a while and still no Michael, he called saying that he wanted to get me something and they didnt have it at the store he was at, so he was going to try another store, and if they didnt have it he knew Walmart would. Well when Michael came home he had not one, but all 3 of the books in the series. I was really surprised, happy, and flattered that he had caught on to my little hint. So after eating dinner and watching our favorite show Chuck we each settled in on the couch with a book each- Michael the first one, and myself the second. After that I could hardly put them down and had finished book 2 & 3 within a week, or maybe less, I cant remember, but they were good!  

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the Hunger Games series. I read all three books in less than 2 weeks. Good Job Michael on a perfect "Future Mother" gift! :)

    ReplyDelete