| Just a day shy of 31 weeks (By the time I am actually posting this I am 32 weeks) |
- I get tired pretty easily- definitely don't have the energy levels I had the 2nd trimester. So I am extremely grateful our girl's trip feel when I was still energetic!
- My back is pretty achy. I blame our uncomfortable couch. But Michael is so good about rubbing my back.
- Heartburn is getting worse. It always seems to come in spurts, it will be really bad for a couple days, and then go away for a couple, then come back, etc. But I actually don't hate the taste of tums, well except the green ones. And I already slept with a couple pillows so whats 4 or 5 extra :)
- The swelling has started. Thankfully just in my fingers and toes, and mostly just at night. I think I am nearing the end of wearing my wedding ring, but hopefully this means we can take it in for some much needed cleaning and a re-dipping to brighten up the white gold.
- I can't really stand for extended periods of time without my legs getting really achy. Making dinner or doing dishes is getting harder unless I take occasional breaks to sit down.
I love feeling little "Bruno" kick! And he is really strong! One night I jokingly said to Michael that maybe we should just pray that he is "healthy" and not "healthy and strong". Thankfully he doesn't kick my ribs...that often. Although sometimes if feels as if he is pushing against my pelvic bone. Don't really know if that is possible, but sometimes it can be a little annoying. Sometimes my stomach will get lopsided and there will be a little bulge. And other times I can feel a little foot, hand, bum, or whatever part of his body it is, I can't really decipher them. He really loves my right side. I hardly ever feel a kick on my left. We recently saw Star Trek and the musical Ragtime. Bruno was kicking and moving quite a bit during both of them- I like to think he enjoyed the music and noise. The other night Michael and I tried shining a flashlight on my belly to see what Bruno would do and he gave us a couple good kicks. We tried it again a couple days later, but he didn't react. I like to think his head was just turned so he didn't see the light and the first time wasn't just a fluke. One night Michael felt Bruno while he had the hiccups- he thought it was pretty entertaining!
Over the past few weeks we have gotten lots of baby necessities:
We found a beautiful crib at Costco. I convinced Michael to spend a little more money for a nice hard wood one that will hopefully last through all our children. I love it! I still need to make a crib skirt for it. I am thinking a red one.
We got a stroller and car seat on clearance at Target. One day I just happened to see it while shopping. It wasn't the color we had registered for, but I really wasn't picky, just wanted a neutral. And this one was $50 cheaper. Thanks Mom and Dad Coon!
I got a free Bumbo seat from a friend who got it from a random lady as she was leaving another friends house- did that even make sense? It was pink, but that problem was easily solved with a fun cover we ordered.
| It has little elephants on it! |
Purchased our first box of diapers and wipes. Man they are expensive! But they were on coupon this month at Costco so I went ahead and bought them early. I will admit I can't help but smile when I see them. It just makes me so excited to know there will be a baby in our house soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment