Saturday, August 16, 2014

4th of July

Collin and I are back from our 5 week adventure to California. So now that means its time to get this blog up to date! First up is a recap of our 4th of July!

The 4th of July is a big holiday for my family. And its always a little hard for me when we can't celebrate with family. So since we couldn't be in Camarillo this year, we did the next best thing and celebrated with many of our friends here in Texas!
In the morning we joined our ward for a pancake breakfast and flag raising. Although Collin and I missed the actual flag raising because he decided he wanted his breakfast then. We had a great time visiting with friends and getting to know some newer families in our ward better. Our friend Becca was able to get these great family photos for us. I love them! They are my new favorites :)



Love that this one looks like we are in a big park when really we are on the front lawn at our church.
Becca has some great Photoshop skills! 
A few days before the 4th Michael and I really didn't have any idea what we were going to do, so we sent out an email to a bunch of friends inviting them to a potluck picnic lunch in the park. We supplied the hot dogs and everyone brought sides and desserts. It turned out to be a big hit! We were so glad that so many people could join us. It truly felt like I was back at home, enjoying my parent's traditional backyard bbq. Sadly no pictures though...we were too busy stuffing our face with yummy hot dogs ;)  

And of course we ended our day with fireworks. We met up with some ward friends again to watch the Fiesta Texas (6 Flags) show from the mall parking lot. Great location, but leaving afterwards was horrendous! But it was worth it. And I was so impressed with Collin- he did great with it being so far past his bedtime and he LOVED the fireworks. He didn't get scared and just seemed in awe during the whole show. It was a special moment to share with him- holding him, with our heads close together and staring up at the beautiful explosions in the sky. I loved it!
Waiting for the fireworks.
We nearly got rained out, but thankfully it cleared up so we could enjoy our show. 
Love this picture and Collin's arm resting on Michael's shoulder 

I love this holiday! I love this wonderful and beautiful country I have the opportunity and privilege to live in. And I love the chance to celebrate it each year with family and friends! 


Oh, and a little Pinterest inspired craft I did to get in the holiday spirit. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment