Collin's birthday ended up being such a fun day! It was simple and most importantly all about Collin! When Collin woke up I went in and filled his crib with balloons. He thought it was so much fun!
I made him his favorite breakfast- green smoothie. And later that day we had lunch downtown in the Plaza by Michael's office. It was such a beautiful afternoon, and Collin loved seeing his daddy!
I had brought his present from my parents to open while we were there. I knew it was shoes of some sort, and I was anxious for him to wear them, and I also knew it would get crazy that afternoon and I wanted him to be happy and not rushed opening it. They got him the cutest little shoes, perfect for a beginner walker! It was so fun to watch him try to walk in them for the first time. Up until then he had been walking barefoot. He really didn't know what to think of them at first, but now he loves them. He even brings them to me to put them on. Its pretty adorable.
We didn't want to do a birthday party for Collin (why stress when he won't even care/remember it?)But I wanted to do something to celebrate that night since we don't have family near by, so we (really I) decided to plan a cake smash photo shoot. Our good friend Becca is great with the camera and agreed to be our photographer. I made the banner and cake.
The original plan was to do it in our dinning room with a white backdrop and the wood floor, but the lighting wasn't great so Becca had the brilliant idea of moving outside to the side of our building. I think the red brick gives it so much character- way better then I had originally planned! Collin wasn't the biggest fan of the cake and his party hat, but he loved the icing and balloons!
Michael thought his reaction was kind of boring, but I loved it (but really what don't I love when it comes to Collin?). Although, I had to laugh when he made a bigger mess with his breakfast the next morning...it would have been fun if he had been a little more into getting messy. Oh well, his reaction was adorable and I am so glad to have so many great pictures to remember this fun moment!
After the photo shoot we had cake and ice cream with the Bird's. And then Collin got to find his present from us. We got him a walking/riding toy. His reaction was priceless and I loved that he immediately knew what to do with it, and we were all so impressed that he was able to climb up and sit on it his first try. Collin, Bronson and Evie all played for a while, they were definitely all hyped up on sugar! I loved sitting back, laughing and just taking it all in! It was such a perfect night, Collin was so happy, and that is just the way it should have been on his special day!
| Singing happy birthday to him...he got so bashful |
We ended the night with a Facetime call with Boppi and Grandpa Al. Collin showed off his walking skills and his new shoes and toy! And when he laid down on the floor we knew it was time to get the birthday boy to bed!
The whole day was definitely bittersweet for me. It was lots of fun celebrating our little boy, but I couldn't help but mourn the end of his babyhood! Mommy and Daddy love you Collin! We are so proud of how much you have learned in one short year, and can't wait to see how much you grow this next year! Happy First Birthday Collin!









That is so cute! I loved his reaction on the 8th picture! happy Late birthday Collin!
ReplyDeleteAll the pictures are so cute! What a fun Birthday ..and you did such a good job on the cake and banner!
ReplyDelete