Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Life, Thoughts and Family Pictures

I feel like this is kind of a hodgepodge post of sorts. I didn't quite know where I was going with it until I started writing. Just mostly some thoughts I have had lately. But it has turned out to fit in with pretty well with this Thanksgiving season. So bare with me through my random thoughts and enjoy some of our recent family pictures!
 
Do you ever look at your life and wonder how you got to where you are? I have been thinking about that quite a bit lately. Growing up I always dreamed of being married and having kids. And all of a sudden I am realizing I am there! That is exactly where I am in life right now and I wouldn't have it any other way.

There was a while where I dreamed of traveling and having a career, but I know that those things wouldn't bring me nearly the amount of happiness that spending time with my little family does. Sure my dream has come with some hard parts, this life isn't all sunshine and daisies (especially when you are abruptly woken up at 5 am or change 4 poopy diapers before noon), but overall it is great!
 
I am so grateful to be able to stay home with Collin, that Michael has a good job and is doing well in his career. I am grateful for the friendship and support of other mom's that I have met here in Texas. I am grateful that I was able to go to college and graduate. I may not be making a living with that education, but it certainly influences how I am as a wife and mother. And I am proud of just being able to finish- college is hard work!
I am grateful to raise Collin in a Christ centered home. We read the scriptures and pray together with him each night. Most of the time he is crawling around and sometimes screaming, and it really doesn't seem like he is getting anything out of it, but I know it will have an influence on him. Already we were so surprised when he started folding his arms on his own for prayer. A couple weeks before Collin was born it all of a sudden it hit me that I was going to be raising a future priesthood holder and leader of the church. That is such an overwhelming responsibility! But I know the spirit is guiding us as we raise him and I am grateful he has his Daddy as a role model.  
 
I am grateful for my sweet little Collin who reminds me to slow down, is helping me learn patience, and who makes me laugh every single day.
 
 
 
And I am grateful to my supportive husband who brings home the bacon...and doesn't get mad when I spend it at Target, Costco and Hobby Lobby ;)...and who will just hold me after a long day, and takes out the trash and does the dishes because he knows how much I hate to :)
 
 
recreating an engagement photo
Life is good right now, and for that I am eternally grateful!  
 
 

Family pictures courtesy of our good friend, Becca Bird. We wanted some uniquely San Antonio pictures to remember the time we lived here, the Riverwalk was the perfect place for that! It was such a fun morning, just walking along the Riverwalk, enjoying the cool weather and stopping when we liked a spot or there was good lighting. And I love the way they turned out!

1 comment:

  1. Those are really cute! I liked how you put the gospel into it!

    ReplyDelete