The boys did great and we all had such a great time hanging out with friends, playing, fishing, riding bikes, canoed, enjoyed the beautiful nature, and some quality family time (this was our first trip since Derrick was born)
We got there Thursday afternoon and set up camp. It was a bit breezy and chilly. A little colder then we were anticipating. I did not sleep well that night because I was so worried about Derrick. But I am pretty sure he slept the best that night! And I have to add overall he did great for camping at 4 months old!
Friday the weather was perfect! We played and had fun with friends. Derrick hung out most the day in the Beco or napped in my arms. Collin was too distracted to nap, but he did sleep fairly well in the tent at night. That evening there was a big group dinner and some fun skits. Everyone brought dessert to share- Michael of course had to make a dutch oven cobbler. It was delicious!
They had a fun rope bridge they set up for the kids. Collin loved it. He also loved the pink helmet that he borrowed from a friend- he had it on most of the afternoon.
Our view at dinner...I'm telling you this is a BIG group!
I LOVE this picture! It just perfectly captures camping- pj's, sweatshirt, dirty face, hot coco!
We all camp home exhausted and dirty- signs of a successful camping trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment