Monday, May 16, 2011

Easter Weekend

The majority of Easter weekend was spent with Michael's family. After spending Saturday in Logan and dropping my mom off at the airport that evening, Michael and I headed to Kaysville. That evening we went out to dinner and a movie with Michael's parents in celebration of Michael's graduation. Michael chose Texas Roadhouse. We dont usually go to places like that, steak houses, 1) because of the price and 2) I am not a huge meat/steak eater. I had never been before and will admit I wasnt too thrilled, but man was I surprised! First of all I love the peanuts, and the fact you can just drop them on the ground :) And the ribs were to die for!! My mouth is watering just thinking about them...YUMMY! Oh and they had this really good lemonade drink and I had so much food there was enough for another meal and then some. Moving on though, this is making me hungry typing this. The movie we saw was the Unknown. Super good show. Good plot line with an ending that I did not see coming. Highly recommend it.

Easter Sunday was nice, sunny, and snow free, just the way I like it. Although last year was gray and overcast nothing can beat being in the conference center Easter morning. I think Conference should be on Easter Sunday every year!

Although I didn't have a new Easter Dress this year I did wear a new-ish dress that my mom had gotten me when she was here in March. Michael made sure to wear his spriny-ish looking tie. Here are a couple of Easter shots Michael's sister took...if only the top of his head hadn't been cut off though! 




We had a nice ham dinner, buffet style Although I am accustomed to a traditional sit-down Easter dinner, I am learning that buffet is the easiest way when there are already 14 members in just the immediate family. Following dinner there was a backyard egg hunt. I love egg hunts with little kids. This year I tagged along with Misty and her little girl Kiara. It was cute helping her find the eggs, and despite her pouting face, she was having fun (she had just woken up from a nap) Here are a few pictures that I snapped: 




No comments:

Post a Comment