Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sewing Class

This semester I am taking a sewing class. Tuesdays and Thursdays are my sewing days- I have lab from 8-10:50 and then lecture from 12-11:50! That's it, well besides work in the afternoon. I have done a handful of sewing projects in my life (with A LOT of help from my mom or sister), but I am excited to actually learn some the techniques, like how to read a pattern :) Throughout the semester we will be doing 4 projects: 1. pj bottoms, 2. blouse, 3. skirt, 4. we choose (most likely another skirt or perhaps I will try my hand at a cute dress).

Here is my fabric choice for project #1. I knew the pigs were perfect for me  as soon as I saw it :) 
So far in class we have learned some techniques and sewing machine basics. I got my pattern pinned on Thursday and will be cutting on Tuesday! More pictures to come as I finish it up!

My sewing kit. I love the bag. It's actually a make-up case  but it works perfectly. 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your fabric choice, also love that you are taking a sewing class! It will be one of your most beneficial and lasting classes at BYU! I just found this really cute coated fabric at Ikea today! It was on sale for $2.99 a yard. It is blue with white polka dots. I'm thinking maybe a cute apron for one of the kids, or a tablecloth, or a bag, or some cute bibs, the possibilities are endless... Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wanted to take that class! Sounds like you'll be making some fun projects!

    ReplyDelete