...equals one long day of 13 hours on the road! We left Logan Monday morning a little after 9 (remember we had to get the tire fixed). Then proceeded to make the long trip to Lincoln, Nebraska. Not many highlights from that day. We had Wendy's for lunch in Rawlins, WY. We made a quick stop in Cheyenne, WY at the Wells Fargo for a cashier's check for our apartment...which ended up being a good thing because there are NO Wells Fargo's in the St. Louis area, I thought they were everywhere! Arby's for dinner in I-have-no-idea-where. Some small town in Nebraska...except we were surprised to discover they did have a Walmart. I didn't have to drive much...I hate driving on long trips and in places I am not familiar with. And I think Michael prefers when I am not driving too :) The majority of the drive we listened to an audio book that Michael had downloaded before we left. He gets one before every long road trip. We didn't have time for any scenic stops, but I did manage to get a few pictures from the car. The scenery isn't much to Ooh and Aww over, but its still kind of neat to see it get progressively greener as we get closer to Missouri!
 |
| I believe this was right after passing the Welcome to Wyoming sign. Not much out there, but at least we had nice weather! |
 |
| So many windmills. I was driving when we first passed these. I almost snapped a picture since Michael was sleeping, but thought it would be best to focus on the road. Thankfully we passed some more when Michael was awake and could get these pictures. |
 |
| More a little closer. Seriously, these were the most exciting thing about Wyoming! |
 |
| Hello Nebraska!! |
 |
| Hey look a little random clump of greenery! Seriously though, we would be driving along and there would just be a little patch of trees and such, then just flat again. |
 |
| I thought the fields were kind of cool. It was like giant stripes of green, then brown, green again, then...I think you get the idea :) |
 |
| A grasshopper!! |
 |
| Cows! Everywhere! And they smelled! |
We finally made it to Lincoln around midnight. We were both really tired. Thankfully Michael had already reserved a hotel for us so we didn't have to worry about finding a place. We took advantage of the WiFi, I took a shower, and then we hit the sack!
No comments:
Post a Comment