Collin had his first taste of food on Saturday, March 22nd! Lucky boy got to try baby oatmeal...yum! ;) He wasn't the biggest fan of his first tasting. The 2nd day was a little better. And now you can't give it to him fast enough! And of course we are the over zealous 1st time parents and have documented it like crazy! Enjoy :)
(I had a video too, but Blogger is not letting me upload it. Hopefully it will work another time. Any suggestions for getting it to work are appreciated!)
 |
| Daddy got the honors of giving the first bite |
 |
| Mommy's turn to give it a try- he didn't like it any better |
 |
Happier just playing with the spoon
And let's just take a moment to check out his adorable rolls! |
 |
| Cute, messy boy! |
AND ABOUT ONE WEEK LATER...
 |
| He wouldn't let go of my hand so I could get him another spoonful |
 |
He recently started making this face and smacking his lips.
I think its hilarious...especially with his big eyes! |
We were trying to hold him out until 6 months to start solids, but he was showing signs of being ready- reaching for our food, opening his mouth if we put anything near him, sitting up on his own, and not sleeping quite as long at night. For now since he is still not quite 6 months he is just getting it once a day. But when he has his 6 month appointment in a couple weeks we'll talk to his pediatrician and decide where to go from here. I can't wait to see how he reacts to other foods, and I am excited to try my hand at making some homemade baby food! But I will admit I am also a little sad knowing that I am no longer his only source of food. Nursing has gone really well for us (well except for when he refused to nurse that first week) and I have really enjoyed that special bonding time with him. I know this is the natural course of things, but it is sad to know he is growing up. Can't he be my little baby forever?!
No comments:
Post a Comment