I can't believe that our little boy is already 6 months old! Michael and I were recently going through his pictures from when he was just a couple weeks old and we both commented on how hard it is for us to remember him ever being that small. He has grown so much these past 6 months and I love seeing his personality emerge and watching him figure out and discover new things!
His stats at his 6 month doctors appointment:
20 lbs (90%)
27 1/2 inches long (86%)
17 inch head circumference (68%)
Some things about Collin at 6 months:
- Bedtime is pretty consistent at 6:30-7pm. He is going down great now, hardly makes a peep and self soothes- Hallelujah! But some days he is pretty tired starting around 5, so that last little bit can be really rough! I keep thinking if only he would take a late afternoon nap it would be great, but he won't.
- We are still working on getting a good nap schedule. I feel like we are making some progress, but they still seem to vary from day to day. It all seems to depend on when he starts the day. On a good day he sleeps through the night until 6:30-7 am then he takes a nap around 8:30-9am and then another one around 12:30-1pm. But the length can vary anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours.
- He is sitting up! I love to just see him sitting in the middle of the rug playing with his toys! Makes him look like such a big boy.
- He is finally rolling from his back to tummy. And has been rolling from his tummy to back since he was about 3 1/2 months. And now that he knows how to roll he is loving moving around the floor and never stays on his back for long. He is also moving around in his crib, and we usually find him sleeping on his tummy or side.
| He rolled over and brought the blanket with him, he thought it was hilarious! |
- Eating baby oatmeal once a day. And we just introduced him to peas. Its fun introducing him to new foods and I love to see his reactions!
- Likes to play with his board books. Its so cute to see him "reading" his books.
- Loves to reach for things! He will be sitting playing with toys, gets his eyes on a something he wants, and then get himself in the funniest positions trying to grab it.
- His clothes range from 6-12 months! It just depends on if they are new, hand-me-downs, or the brand. He does have some 3-6 month onesies that still fit, and for some reason that makes me really happy. But we just bought him some 12 month Carter's onesies and they fit great. I would say mostly he's wearing 9 months, but if I get him something new I get 12 months. He is growing like a weed!
- Is so talkative! He loves to say "mama", "dada" and sometimes "baba"
- Loves to smack his lips and spit. He thinks its hilarious, but not so much when its in your face or when you are trying to give him his reflux medicine :)
- Still spits up quite a bit. But thankfully we are seeing some improvement from what it used to be. The downside is the more mobile he gets the messier it is and more foods he tries the weirder it is/the more it stains. I am constantly spot cleaning our rug. Crossing our fingers we are seeing major improvements by the time he is crawling- or else I'll be following him around with a spray bottle and rag!
- He dances! And its the cutest thing ever. I have a children's Pandora station that I like to play and when the song changes he starts bouncing up and down a little. Its adorable.
- Gives kisses...when he's in the mood. Big, wet, slobbery ones on your cheek.
- Top 3 remarks I get from people about Collin: 1) How vocal he is 2) How happy and smiley he usually is and 3) How big and long he is getting...which isn't too much of a surprise with Collin ;)
- His pediatrician told us start giving him 2 oz of water a day. So we got him some sippy cups and he loves them! He looks so cute drinking out of them. And occasionally gets the top and bottom mixed up, which is still just as adorable.
So pretty much we think he is adorable and the best thing that has happened to our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment