Since I never posted anything about our move to Texas, I thought I would do a little post in honor of being in San Antonio for 1 year. It is really hard to believe that its already been a year! And I am happy to report that this year of living in Texas has been better than I expected. We survived a summer, I loved a snow-free winter, and we enjoyed some perfect, but short-lived, spring days! I really was not looking forward to moving here, and I still don't want to live here forever, but it's a good fit for our family for now.
 |
| The morning the guys hit the road in the truck. Becca and I flew the next day. |
We have been fortunate to live in a great ward, and have made lots of great friends! I love going to play groups, girl's nights,and book club. Michael loves his job (despite the long hours) and works with some great people. Collin and I love going downtown and meeting him for lunch and his coworkers love it when the babies come visit :)
We have been able to do some exploring and sight seeing over the last year, and there is still lots that we want to do and see! We have especially loved trying many of the BBQ places. Our favorite so far is the Salt Lick. And I have been pleasantly surprised that there is more to do outdoors in Texas Hill Country than I anticipated.
And despite the distance from our families we have been fortunate to see them multiple times over the last year. And Collin and I are looking forward to our long trip to CA this summer, while Michael is busy working hard to make sure San Antonio stays within budget ;)
 |
| My first time in SA, Feb 2013, and the weekend we decided to move here |
 |
| Same spot October 2013 |
All in all Texas has been good to us! Its always interesting to look back over time and see where life takes you. I can honestly say that I never thought it would bring us to Texas!
No comments:
Post a Comment