I have to start out by saying that Michael did all the menu planning, shopping, cooking and clean-up all on his own! I offered to pick stuff up when I went grocery shopping but he told me not to worry, he had it under control. He went out Saturday afternoon and when he came home he told me I couldn't open the fridge and I was banned from the kitchen while he was cooking. I didn't argue and had fun trying to guess what he was making based on the smells.
I feel like I pretty much ate my way through the day! All but one of the things Michael made was a new recipe, and for the most part they all turned out really tastey. For breakfast he made an arugula and smoked salmon frittata. It turned out great, our only critique is that perhaps the smoked salmon was a little too overpowering in this context. But we will definitely be trying more frittata's in the future! He also made a yummy, frothy mango smoothie. It has a name, but I have forgotten it. Either way it was cool, refreshing, and very delicious. Dinner was such a great surprise and a little walk down memory lane! Michael made St. Louis style ribs with a dry rub- my favorite style of ribs! We both agree that the best ribs we have had were during our summer in St. Louis. We also had an arugula salad and my Grandma's fluffy rolls. And later that night Michael made Strawberry shortcake. And Michael's only mishap of the day- he tried cooking the shortcakes on wax paper instead of parchment. Thankfully I figured out his mistake pretty quickly and the shortcakes were saved! It was sweet, he thought he was being helpful by using up some of the paper in the drawer that we don't use as often, he just didn't know there was a difference between wax and parchment. :)
| Breakfast in bed turned into breakfast at the table since Collin wasn't content staying in bed with me for so long. |
| My mouth is watering just thinking about those ribs. Let's make them again Honey! |
And to top the day off Collin was a great little boy! He let us sleep in until 7! And the whole family got to nap during his morning nap. He was very well behaved during church. And he even took a late afternoon nap when we got home from church, which he rarely does. Plus, he looked extremely adorable in his sailboat romper.
I am so grateful for my happy little boy that has given me the title of Mom! I love his grins, contagious laughter, rolls, slobbery kisses, and cuddles. He brings greater purpose and light into my life! I am so content being a mom, and it brings greater joy and satisfaction than working or going to school ever did. I grateful that Michael works so hard to provide us and so that I can stay home with Collin. I am also grateful for all the women in my family and the wonderful examples they are to me. I was thinking of each one of them over the weekend and the characteristics that I want emulate. I was never really nervous or worried about becoming a mom and I know that that is in part because of the great examples I have had throughout my life. Thank you! And a special thank you to my wonderful mom who has so patiently taught and guided me through life! And thank you to my mother-in-law who raised such a wonderful young man, who is the perfect husband for me, and has become the best daddy to Collin!
Thank you Michael for making me feel so important and loved! I love you! Now to start planning for Father's Day! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment