Guerne is a little historic town. I always love walking around places like that and walking in and out of the overpriced gift shops ;) Unfortunately, that can be a little tricky with kids and strollers so we only went into a couple, but it was still fun. We also checked out Guerne Hall- the oldest dance hall in Texas. It was such a unique old building and they still have shows there almost every night! Michael and I were thinking it would be fun to go one night...until we saw all the ash trays sitting around. Probably not a very pleasant environment when its crowded, but we loved it when it was empty! Oh, and it was where George Strait performed when he was just getting started with his career!
We ate lunch at the Grist Mill for lunch. Such a cool restaurant! The only way I can think of describing it is it is like you are eating among ruins. We ate outside along the river, and it was still early enough so the weather was perfect. And the food was delicious. If you are in the area I highly suggest you stop by!
We finished off the day with a few hours at the outlets in San Marcos. These outlets are huge- bigger than the Camarillo outlets I'm used to. We barely made a dent in them. But we did find some good finds- clothes for all of us and a very cute Easter basket for Collin (only 4.75 at Pottery Barn!- best find of the day!)
No comments:
Post a Comment