Its catch up time! Lots of big changes have happened in the few months since my last post. Now that life has settled down a bit, and we are getting into a routine, it is time to crank out some blog posts before I forget all the things we have been doing!
First, lets jump back to November when Michael took Friday off and we took a weekend trip to Houston to visit Michael's brother Dennis and meet his fiancé (now wife) Swati. Swati's family lives in Houston and they were visiting from Pennsylvania. Swati's mom was so kind to let us stay at her house. We had such a fun weekend with them. Swati is wonderful, and after only a few short days together I can tell we are going to be great friends!
We went to NASA, took a tour, saw some pretty big space shuttles, played in the kids area and learned lots of cool things about space!
| Bad quality pic, but they were both laughing and spitting. Collin's face in this one is priceless! |
We went bowling. Uncle Dennis was so patient in teaching Collin how to bowl. Collin loved it and laughed every time. But by the second game was done and just wanted to eat his snacks.
We played at the park, went to breakfast with Swati's family, tried some yummy authentic Indian food, and just hung out and enjoyed being together. Come back and visit Texas soon!!
Swati and Dennis flew out Sunday morning and Michael and I decided to drive home to San Antonio via Lake Jackson. A small town a little south east of Houston right near the coast. Michael had just applied for a job there and we wanted to scope out the area since we were already so close. We hit up the local ward for Sacrament meeting and then drove around the town a little, and out to the beach before heading home. We thought the town was so pretty, lots of trees and well maintained. And the few people we met at church were friendly and welcoming. Overall we had a good first impression and thought that we could see ourselves living there if anything came from the job posting. Little did we know how things would change in just 2 short months! Stay tuned for more details on that story! ;)
| Beach near Lake Jackson. I sent it to my family and said "If I squint I can almost imagine I am in California" |
Love Collin's face it is so cute!! Oh and love his his BYU shirt!
ReplyDelete