This post was written several months ago. I guess I just never got around to adding pictures and posting it, which is silly since I didn't take many pictures. Better late then never, right? ;)
First let me just preface that a great motivation to get things unpacked quick and things hung on the wall is to invite someone to come visit 3 weeks after moving! ;)
First let me just preface that a great motivation to get things unpacked quick and things hung on the wall is to invite someone to come visit 3 weeks after moving! ;)
Auntie Chlo is my best friend Chloe. We met one of our first few days of 6th grade and have been great friends ever since! We were both so terribly awkward (me more then her) but thankfully we have both left those awkward middle school years behind us. She is one of my few friends from high school that I can see again after several months/year and we can pick up right where we left off! I was so excited when she called and said she had some time off from work and wanted to come visit us! Its always such a wonderful feeling when people want to come visit you- especially when you live in way south Texas :)
She decided to come February 21st-24th. So it was just a quick trip, but I think we managed to squeeze some fun things in, although I wish the weather had been a little warmer and Collin a little healthier.
She flew into Houston on that Saturday. So Michael and I decided we would spend the afternoon in Houston and do a little shopping at Ikea. The main purpose was to get a bookshelf for Collin's room. And of course you can't leave Ikea with just one thing and without getting some Swedish meatballs. Then we picked up Chloe. We had planned on picking up some dinner after getting her, but with being new to the area, not knowing what was around the airport and our phones being less then helpful we eventually ended up stopping at a McDonalds drive thru as we neared the edge of the city before hitting the empty stretch on our way to Lake Jackson. Food was food at that point :)
Side story: Collin hadn't had a very healthy winter season thus far. Nothing serious, just a bunch of colds that had left him with a thick, lingering, cough. It all kind of climaxed that Saturday night. Collin woke up crying and coughing in the middle of the night, thankfully he was sleeping in our room. Anyway he ended up coughing up/throwing up a bunch of mucus and other lovely stuff a couple times that night. None of us really slept well that night and we decided that Chloe and I would go to church (I had to my first day of teaching my primary class) and Michael and Collin would stay home.
We had a nice time a church. Chloe got a kick out of my energetic and sassy group of primary girls I will be teaching. And when we got home we all ate lunch, and then took nice long naps. After naps we decided to show Chloe our Texas beaches just 15 minutes from our house (The only part of Texas that is slightly similar to living in CA) The weather wasn't super warm, but it wasn't bad for sitting on a blanket and walking along the beach.
And to top off our Sunday we came home and made homemade CA sushi rolls. A little reminiscent of my 16th birthday party :) We all got to make a roll and had such a fun time eating sushi, miso soup, and edamame. So yummy. And of course I couldn't pass up the Poky for dessert when I saw it in the store.
Monday was a pretty gloomy day but we headed up to Pearland (about 45 minutes north of us) to check out some shopping I had heard about. We found a fun unique to Texas used book store, and then some other favorite stores. Then we had a yummy lunch at Panera. There was one point while we were eating that it felt like we were back home in CA getting together on one of my trips home. Panera is a favorite of ours :)
Tuesday was the day we had to say goodbye. We headed up to the airport shortly after taking Michael to work. Its always hard to say goodbye to visitors. Chloe is such a great friend and a wonderful Auntie to Collin. Come back and visit us again soon!!
Tuesday was the day we had to say goodbye. We headed up to the airport shortly after taking Michael to work. Its always hard to say goodbye to visitors. Chloe is such a great friend and a wonderful Auntie to Collin. Come back and visit us again soon!!
No comments:
Post a Comment