Wow Valentine's Day seems forever ago! I don't remember doing much or anything extravagant. We hadn't been in our place for very long- just a couple weeks- so I do know that we were still living among some boxes. I remember I did tell Michael that I wanted to hang a few things on the walls as our Valentine's date. Real romantic ;) We got around to it late that night and after we got a few things up I thought yay now I have a place to put some Valentine's decorations. And then it hit me that today was Valentine's. Needless to say, Valentine's decorations never got hung this year.
But we did wear red and took a little family outing to the beach. At this point Collin was still really uneasy about walking on the sand, so he stuck to the safety of the blanket. Thankfully he is pretty much over that now.
And Michael and I made our traditional Asian food for our Valentine's dinner. This year I really wanted to perfect a lo mein- I am still working on it (I will take any and all recipe recommendations and tips!) And Michael wanted to try a Mongolian Beef- it was a Pinterest recipe flop. I think we made a beef and broccoli too- that's a favorite of ours and super easy so at least we had one successful dish. Despite our failure in cooking this year, I will say that it is one of my favorite traditions that we have started. Beats trying to find a babysitter and dealing with crowds. Plus I love cooking with my hubby!
Sure do love my two, handsome Valentines!!
No comments:
Post a Comment