My parent's had to make the hard decision to put our family dog down on February 4, 2015 (or maybe it was the 5th??). She would have been 16 years old in June and had been a part of our family since I was about 8 or 9 years old. I still have yet to go home and not have her there to greet me. She will be missed dearly!
A few of my favorite memories of her. I really could share so many more but I'll keep it at this. And just share some pictures I have of her from over the years.
I loved having Truly sleep in my room with me. Much to my dad's dismay she would often end up sleeping on my bed with me.
One year for Christmas Corinne gave me a "PMS kit"- it included comfy pj's, a rice bag, and a cute tote bag full of chocolate. Well one night shortly after Christmas Truly was sleeping in my room with me and that bag was sitting on my floor. I woke up the next morning to her having chewed through the tote and most of the chocolate gone. Little stinker! Good thing she was cute ;)
She sure did have a sweet tooth- one time Corinne had made a pumpkin roll. We had it cooling on the dining room table, a few minutes later we noticed Truly was missing. She had licked off all the cream cheese filling! Also one time she was staying at Lindsay and Shaun's house. It was Lindsay's birthday so they had strawberry shortcake sitting on their kitchen island for dessert. Lindsay and Shaun went out for a date and when they got home the babysitter said it was all gone after she came downstairs from putting the kids to bed.
She had the softest ears.
If you were laying on the floor she loved to come curl up right next to you...or sometimes right on top of you.
She was great with all the grand kids and didn't mind being climbed on or her ears and tail being pulled. I am so glad that Collin got to meet her. We have a little stuffed yellow lab from Ikea that we have named Truly. Love to hear him ask to sleep with Truly every night and carry her around the house.
She had the sweetest temperament. Her favorite way to greet you was with a big wet kiss. She especially loved licking your toes.
Michael says I was too attached to Truly, but she was a like a member of our family, and for that reason he says we will never have a dog. I think someday, when the kids are older and we are more settled, we will be able to convince him to get one ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment