I feel like Dr Seuss Day isn't real a big deal unless you are in elementary school. But I happened to come across something about it and it was only a couple days away so I decided to make an event of it. It also just happened to be my night to plan family home evening and we already had a breakfast meal on the menu so it worked out perfectly! For dinner we of course had green eggs (scrambled eggs mixed with avocado) and ham! And then to tie it into FHE we read the scripture "Seek ye out of the best of books words of wisdom" Doctrine and Covenants 88:118. Then we read some books together and talked about learning and good books we can read. Of course with Collin this all lasted just a few minutes. But despite that I love this time to spend together with my little family and talk about important things at such a simple level. We aren't the best at regular FHE, especially since Michael often has city council meetings Monday nights, but we're trying.
No comments:
Post a Comment