While doing lots of laundry (there's always tons when someone is sick) I opened the dryer and this lizard jumped out! Totally made me jump! Michael had put the lint thing in backwards so that's how I am thinking it got in. Maybe? I have no idea how he would have survived a drying cycle!
Thursday, February 9, 2017
Halloween 2016
Well our Halloween was kind of a bust. Collin caught a stomach bug a couple days before. We thought he was getting better and then it hit again that morning. We were sad that we didn't get to go trick or treating at Daddy's work in the morning and missed out of our ward's trunk or treat that night. But we had some pretty great costumes that I had spent a bit of time working on (namely Collin and Michael's chimney sweep brushes). So we put on our costumes after Michael got home from work, took some pictures (this was Derrick's first Halloween so I definitely wanted to document it!) and trick or treated to 3 of our neighbors homes really quick. And that totally wore Collin out! But I think he enjoyed getting to celebrate a little. We were all pretty sad to be stuck at home all day and missing out of all the fun celebrations. But since we didn't go to anything and just had a handful of trick or treaters come by we had lots of leftover candy!
I LOVE doing family costumes! And I tell Michael that I will keep doing them as long as the kids let me. Collin's second Halloween (his first he was just a couple weeks old) he was a monkey and Michael and I were zoo keepers. Last year I was 8 months pregnant with Derrick and we all dressed up as Waldos. And this year since Disney was on our mind we went as Mary Poppins and Chimney Sweeps. I had planned on dressing Derrick up as a penguin (like from the Jolly Holiday scene) but I got on that one too late and couldn't find the right supplies. So we went with a 3rd little chimney sweep. Which I am glad we did because they all looked great! Michael even won best costume at his work. I think this will definitely be a costume that we build on over the years, at least for Michael and I. My costume is partially from my CineMagic days growing up. Someday I would love to add the parrot umbrella and carpet bag. And I would love to have the Jolly Holiday suit and dress for Michael and I someday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
super cute and creative! You are amazing!
ReplyDeletecutest mary poppins family
ReplyDelete