Last Monday Michael and I went skiing with our friends Caitlin and Isaac. We all have the Pass of all Passes so it was totally free (well except for gas and a $2 damage waiver)! We went up to Wolf Mountain (near Pine View Lake and Huntsville). It was our first time for Caitlin and I, and lets just say she picked it up a lot quicker than I did! I went down the bunny hill a couple of times and I don't even want to say how long it took me :) After my couple of miserable attempts we took a lunch break. My boots were killing my legs so I took them off. After eating there was no way those suckers were going back on, so I opted to sit in the lodge and let the others enjoy some
real skiing. It was nice to relax and warm up in the lodge. It ended up being perfect timing because it started snowing pretty hard, and everyone said it was freezing. Me and cold = not my thing! I only wish that I could have claimed a seat by the window so I could have watched the others ski. Caitlin joined me a little later and the boys skied for as long as they could. We were all exhausted on our way home, it was funny how quiet the car was. All in all it was a fun day. Can't say I loved it, but I am happy to say that I tried, and I might try it again...someday :)
We did manage to get a couple of pictures (at the end of the day). I had my camera with me the whole time, but it was too cold for me to want to take off my gloves while on the slopes.
 |
| Caitlin and Isaac |
 |
| Funny story- Michael wanted to make it look like it was snowing so he grabbed some snow from the car as I was taking the picture. If you look really close you can see it :) |
 |
| Michael and I- notice the skis? They are actually Caitlin and Isaac's, ours were already in the car so we traded for the picture :) |
Glad you had fun! How cold was it? I think you need to come here to try out ice skating on Penguin Pond! The kids are getting really good! I need to get some skates!
ReplyDelete