Sunday, October 14, 2012

4th of July

It was a little different for me to not be spending the 4th with family, but we enjoyed spending the holiday in St. Louis, a place rich in early American history. In the morning we attended a little Ward walk/run event and  had some yummy cinnamon rolls afterwards. Around lunch time we headed over to Josh and Erica's for some swimming, a yummy bbq, and some card games. Then we all headed off to watch the fireworks along the banks of the Missouri River in St. Charles (where Lewis and Clark set off on their expedition). Although our celebrations were much more simple compared to my family's usual festivities, we had a great day and were so happy we could spend it with such great friends!

The men at the grill, making sure the salmon turned out just right! 

waiting for the fireworks to begin

A little blurry, but I just had to show how close we were to the river.  They launched the fireworks pretty much directly in front of us right on the other side of the river. Our seats were pretty perfect! 

Of course the only picture I get with Josh and Erica all summer and it turns out blurry! (have I mentioned I hate my camera?)

I love fireworks! Every year I take tons of pictures during the show. This was my favorite from this year! 



No comments:

Post a Comment