Sunday, October 14, 2012

Card's Game

No trip to St. Louis would be complete without a going to a Cardinal's baseball game. The Cardinal's are a really big deal out here. Everyone has their Card shirts and they wear them all the time. It was kind of fun being around so many fans. Kind of like being in Provo on a Cougar game day! This was my first baseball game ever, so I was pretty excited for the experience. Although I was pretty sure I wouldn't be really interested in the actual game :) We went right before Michael's birthday and I was so excited to submit a little birthday message to go across the scoreboard, but I didn't realize they had to be submitted 48 hours in advance...bummer :( It was a fun experience, and we just happened to go to the game when they were playing the LA Dodgers, but Michael and I both agree we would be fine if we never go to another major league game again. This one went to 13 innings and wasn't over until 11:30! Plus, it was super hot- 101 when we got there, and still 92 degrees when it was finally over! The only thing that kept me entertained through the game was this cute little boy sitting in front of us. He was very talkative and he told me all about the things he had done on his trip to St. Louis. I found out this was also his first baseball game and we even played with his little animals from the zoo together. His parent's kept apologizing for all his questions, but I loved it. It made the game so much more exciting! I just love little kids!

Sitting right in the sun! Thankfully it was setting by the time the game started.

Had to document the crazy temps! 

A neat shot of the field. I will admit I do like the perfectly green grass!  

The birthday boy after the game! 

Had to document my first baseball game! Excited its (finally) over! 

Walking back to the car we got this neat shot of the arch all lit up with the dome of the courthouse. Of course its a little blurry, because no post would be complete with out a blurry picture! :)

1 comment:

  1. Too bad we were didn't get our birthday boys a shout out on the big screen! And for free too . . . I cry every night about it . . .

    ReplyDelete