Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Valentine's Day

We had a wonderful and low key Valentine's this year...although all of our Valentine's Days together have been pretty low key. How about a little flashback??

2010 (dating)- It was a Sunday, and we had only been dating for a couple weeks. So it was a bit awkward. What do we say..."I like you"?? :) We made homemade pizza together at my apartment and I think we gave each other our favorite candy.

2011 (1st after our wedding)- I had an evening class that didn't get out till 7ish. Michael made a yummy sweet and sour chicken recipe, and had picked up a dessert, popcorn and a movie. He also had gotten me a little bamboo plant. I had been bugging him to let me get a plant to make our new apartment feel a little more "homey". I called that plant our "love fern". And I am pretty proud of myself for keeping it alive for 2+ years! It even survived a summer being "plantsitted" by Michael's old roommate while we were in St. Louis. Sadly it didn't live long enough to make the trip to Texas :(

2012- Not exactly sure what we did that day. All I know is it was in the middle of the week, so I think we just postponed celebrating till the next weekend. Which ended up being President's weekend and we were in Huntsville with Corinne, Morgan and Bailey. We made a delicious Chinese feast! We ate well that night :)

2013- This had to have been the most crazy Valentine's Day yet! We found out we were pregnant with Collin the day before. And Michael was offered his job with the budget office that morning. And then later that day we booked plane tickets to SA for that weekend. I (and Michael) honestly can't remember what we did that night. I do know that I had to work the closing shift at the Law Library, so whatever we did was before 8:30. I think we might have picked up sandwiches from a favorite deli on Center St, but I can't be certain of that. Or we may have just bagged it since life was a little crazy.

And this year, 2014- Becca called me up that morning with the idea of squeezing 3 car seats in the back of her Camry (the guys had our car that day) and surprising the guys with treats at work. Those car seats were not going anywhere once we got them all in there and the doors closed! The guys were very surprised and I think they enjoyed the little break from a pretty busy work day. That night Michael and I had another yummy Chinese food feast. It's turning into a bit of a tradition. This year we tried a new beef and broccoli recipe as well as a honey walnut shrimp we have made before. And the best part of the day...Michael got us tickets to see Wicked!! I was so surprised! And we are going with Camden and Becca, and Jenn and Chad. It's going to be a fun night out on the town!
Who wouldn't want this cutie as their Valentine??
Luckily he's all mine for at least the next 16 years ;) 
My other handsome Valentine  
This little guy was exhausted by the time we sat down for dinner, but thankfully he was content long enough for us to enjoy our meal. 
Not quite sure what to think of this strange food. That's ok, more for us :) 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You guys made a FEAST! Looks delicious! Yay for being so on top of your blogging!

    ReplyDelete