For Valentine's day Michael surprised me with tickets to see Wicked! Finally March 18th came around and we were able to go! All day I had my Wicked Pandora station playing to get me ready. Even though I had already seen it about 5 years ago, I was giddy with excitement. We doubled with our friends the Bird's (Camden and Michael work together). Becca and I drove downtown together, met the guys, and we all went to dinner at Mi Tierra (we weren't very impressed with the menu- a little over priced, and the service was sub par). Then we walked a couple blocks to the Majestic Theatre. There is something exciting about walking around downtown, dressed up, and holding hands with Michael. It's so fun, and I am glad we live close enough to do it occasionally. Becca brought her nice camera and was able to snap a few pictures for us- much better than what I would have gotten on my iPhone!

The show was amazing! The Majestic definitely has a Texas vibe to it- which is unique and added to the experience. Although, I like the decor of the Pantages Theatre (in Hollywood) better. The cast did a wonderful job- but it was hard not to compare them to the original Broadway cast, since that's the version of the songs we always listen to. And I had forgotten how many funny lines were in it. I am so glad that we got to see it again!
I think the going to the theatre is my favorite type of date! So far we have seen Phantom of the Opera (front row at BYU...that was a fun experience!), Rag Time and Wicked together. Here's hoping we can add many more to that list over the years! I was telling Michael that if we ever have some money to spare I would love to be a donor to a local theatre or have season tickets. And I would love to sit in one of the private boxes...someday!
 |
| Walking downtown...in front of a different theatre |
And for all our San Antonio friends- we were talking to an usher after the show and he told us that 2 1/2 hours before every show (even matinees) you can enter your name into a lottery to get 2 $25 orchestra seats. And then you go back an hour later when they do the drawing (you have to be there in person to claim the tickets). I think the usher said they give out a total of 20 tickets (so 10 winners) and sometimes there are only like 40 people that show up- so your chances of winning could be pretty high. Michael and I want to give it a shot sometime...especially when The Lion King is in town!
No comments:
Post a Comment