Wednesday, April 2, 2014

A Happy Sunny Weekend

We had such a fun weekend as a family! The weather was perfect...I think that's what really made it so enjoyable. Nothing like some perfectly gorgeous days to put you in a good mood! I am really loving this Texas spring weather- its just too bad it only lasts for a couple months before getting crazy hot.

It started on Friday when Collin and I went downtown with our new friends Alyssa and Ada and met our husbands for lunch. We ate outside in the plaza and just enjoyed the sunshine for almost an hour. Collin loved sitting on his Daddy's lap, tried to steal Michael's lunch and was just in the happiest mood!

His smiles make me melt! And he really is (for the most part) such a happy baby! And that makes me grateful :) 
That night we decided to brave keeping Collin up past his bedtime and went to a BYU Alumni SA Chapter activity. We got to see some friends and meet some fellow alum. Our friend Becca was one of the photographers for the photo booth. She got these fun pictures of our family. Collin did great, slept for a little bit and then woke up. He was pretty content in our arms and was even a little snuggly! I loved it! (And secretly wouldn't mind keeping him out later just for the snuggles. Although the 5am wake up call the next morning was a different story! Thank goodness it was Saturday!) And to top it all of we won the raffle for a BYU football helmet magnet for the car! With our BYU Alumni license plate frames and now our magnet there is no doubt who we cheer for!

Future Cougar!
I was sad his BYU onesie doesn't fit anymore. Someday when he isn't growing so fast we'll get him another shirt. 
Saturday we went tent shopping. We are taking Collin on his first camping trip in a few weeks. Its just an over nighter but we are really excited and crossing our fingers that he is a good little boy! We still haven't decided what tent to get yet. Costco has a 10 person one for an awesome deal right now. Is it silly to get such a big tent right now? We want it to be able to grow with our family. If we don't get that one then we will still probably get an 8 person so that someday it will be able to fit a few kids, us and our gear.

After shopping we sat out on our front lawn for awhile. Michael and I played Monopoly Deal while Collin sat next to us and played with his toys, tried to reach for our cards, and watched the cars go by. It was so cute to watch his head turn to follow the cars. This was probably my favorite moment from the weekend!
Love how he squints! And he looked so handsome in this little outfit. Daddy dressed him, and I think he did a pretty good job! 
Watching the cars go by
We couldn't stay out for too long though because I had to get ready for the General Women's meeting. I was able to go with some friends in the ward. It was so nice to get out for a while baby free, chat with friends, and be spiritually fed. It was a wonderful meeting and I loved all the music and videos that were incorporated into the meeting. I especially loved this video- brought me to tears!

And Sunday ended up actually being a pretty good day. Not going to lie, messing with Collin's naps and having to teach a huge Sunbeam class has made me dread church a little bit. Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest, but lately its been the most exhausting day of the week! But this Sunday went so smoothly- Collin didn't fight his nap before church, we were early to church (not just on time!), our sunbeams were very well behaved (probably helped that there were only 8), and we found out that our sunbeam class is going to be split. I probably shouldn't be as excited as I am, but some weeks we have 12 kids! And that many 3/4 year olds together can get a little crazy, especially when most of them are such good friends. They are cute kids though and it will be sad not to teach some of them anymore. But it really will be best for them, they get much more out of the lesson when its a smaller class and we aren't so exhausted after church :) Oh and Michael and I realized that with General Conference and Stake Conference we only have to teach 2 lessons in April....Happy Day!
Sunday after Church 

2 comments:

  1. YAY that your sunbeam class is getting split!! Our sunbeam class only has 8 kids in it and we just called a 3rd teacher to help out in there (really don't want to have to split it). That's crazy you guys have had 12 for so long (especially with having Collin and all).

    I love all the little moments you document. I've found those are the ones that I like reading the most later on (I'm currently working on making my 2013 blog book and it's been fun reading posts from a year ago - things I'd totally forgotten).

    Oh, and I took a picture of that 10 person tent today at Costco. I want it!! We're gonna go camping this summer and it's a MUST!!! Let me know if you guys get it! I still have to run it by Spencer! You're definitely gonna want something to grow with your family - and something big enough to set up Collin's pack-n-play in! :)

    Anyway, loved reading your blog tonight!! Sure love you guys!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend! The weather was so perfect. It's so nice to just enjoy those small joyful moments :)

    That's so cool about the BYU Alum get together! How did you hear about it?? Do they do things often? Tim and I would love to go next time-let us know!

    ReplyDelete