Saturday, March 1, 2014

Weekends are the best!

Why? Because Michael is home! So we get lots of quality family time, and I get a help with my "mommy duties"!



First of all, Michael is a huge help with Collin on the weekends! He willingly takes over most of the clothes changing, diaper changing, bathing, putting to bed/down for naps, and entertaining duties. There was one weekend where I realized I didn't change ANY diapers. It was the best! These little things occupy the majority of my time these days so its really nice to have a break.


Family walk one Sunday evening, and Collin's first time sitting up in the stroller!

But my favorite thing about the weekend is getting to watch Collin and Michael play together! Michael is such a great Daddy. I love to see Collin smile and laugh at the things he does. On weekdays Michael isn't usually home from work until 6:30. Collin goes to bed between 7-8 and somenights is pretty grumpy starting around 6 or so. Many nights Michael gets home with only enough time to help get him in his jammies or carry him up to bed.  And if we are lucky Collin occasionally wakes up for his first feeding of the day when Michael is getting ready for work. It makes me sad that Collin doesn't see much of his daddy during the week, and I can definitely tell a difference in his personality when this happens. I honestly think he gets sick of being with me all the time! (Which is ok, because I get sick of it too sometimes).

Snuggles with Daddy one night before bed
We love to visit Daddy at work to break up our days! I believe Collin was practicing sitting up in this picture, with a little help from Daddy to support his back. This is one of their favorite things to do together :) 

Not quite sure what to think of Mommy's cold milkshake, taken during a recent outing downtown. 
Anyway, today I had a moment today where I was overcome with gratitude for these two boys in my life and so grateful to have such a wonderful man to help me raise our family! I stood in the dining room looking down the hall to the living room and just watched Michael and Collin play for a couple minutes. Michael was pulling Collin up to a standing position and giving him kisses and then laying him back down again. And then Michael was helping Collin "exercise" his core muscles by lifting his legs up while Collin lifted his bum off the ground. Collin thought this was hilarious and was just grinning and giggling. And I loved that Michael was cheering him on and laughing with him. It really didn't last long, and I am probably not doing a good job describing it. But it was just a perfect moment, and one I hope I don't forget!

One Sunday I came downstairs to this scene...the book Michael is reading is "Raising Responsible Children" :) 
If Collin hears Michael's voice while eating he immediately has to stop and find him. It's adorable to see him recognize his Daddy's voice, but frustrating at the same time. Sometimes I have to tell Michael to leave or not to talk.  
One of our rare mornings seeing Daddy before he goes to work
From my "moment" today- practicing standing and kisses from Daddy! 

We sure love Daddy and all he does for our family! 

1 comment:

  1. I've noticed the same thing with Kiara's personality. She is so much better when I get to be home! Especially for longer times, like Christmas break. Can't wait till I get to be home with her more.

    ReplyDelete